Monday, October 6, 2008

The H.I. at the IFF

Irish Film America (IFA) is a new organization dedicated to bringing the best of contemporary Irish film to US audiences providing a platform for Irish filmmakers to showcase their independently produced feature films, documentaries, short films and animation. In March 2008, IFA supported the San Francisco Irish Film Festival and The Seattle Irish Reels Festival. This past weekend it launched the Los Angeles Irish Film Festival at the Clarity Theater in Beverly Hills. We not only catered the opening night for 150 but we figured we might as well check out a few flicks on Saturday. It was not only a celebration of Irish movies but guests were also entertained by live 'fiddly diddly' traditional Irish music as well as a live theatre performance. For a minute I thought I was back at home except for the fact that it was 70 degrees outside. Here's some snippets of the opening night. By all accounts the festival was a great success.

3 comments:

Meg Wolff said...

Hi Healthy Irishman,
The IFA sounds interesting. The "fiddly diddly' traditional music sounds like a good addition to a great night!

Nazarina A said...

I wish I was there, it looks like the food was a great success! I would love to pay homage to Irish cuisine. I love to dabble in them all. Hope we can be friends!!!Please visit me so that I have your link and can visit you often!

Astra Libris said...

Your menu for the film festival sounds incredible, as does the music! The brown soda bread scones sound and look amazing!