Saturday, February 23, 2008

I catered a party last night for one of my clients so I wanted to show you all what I did. Sometimes it doesn't pan out the way you think it will or should but with my usual crew in tow, everything was golden. And yes, my usual photographer, aka the Mrs. was dragged along.
Menu:
ANTIPASTO PLATTER
Marinated olives, Gourmet cheese selection
Prosciutto, Salamis, Tapenade, Hummus
Toasted lavash and pita chips
BUFFET
Herb grilled flank steak w/ cilantro mint pesto
Grilled red onions
Cedar plank salmon filet
Roast mini potatoes w/
Herb & red wine vinaigrette
Grilled asparagus w/ lemon olive oil
Grilled baby orange & white carrots
Crispy butternut squash risotto cakes
Baby arugula salad w/ blistered cherry tomatoes, shaved parmesan
Balsamic vinaigrette

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yours looks great.

Your menu looks so good. I was going to say how could you manage to do all that cooking AND take pictures and then I saw that the Mrs. was involved. Good job.

How about posting the recipe for the butternut risotto cakes? The grilled carrots looked gorgeous too.

Thistlemoon said...

Great job on the catering gig, Gavan! Everything sounds and lloked beautiful! I am sure your clients were thrilled!